Test Your Music Systems for High Resolution Audio ( DSD, WAV, FLAC and MQA)) with FREE Downloads
Are you wondering if your system can play Direct Stream Digital (DSD) audio? Would you like to be able to compare the same song in DSD, WAV and FLAC? Are you looking for one great acoustic song to add to your collection of music downloads?
Blue Coast Music has created a a free download page for you to test your system. We offer 4 downloads of the same song.
The formats include:
DSD256 (the highest resolution and largest file size. Plan for a long download),
DSD128 (probably playable in most devices with DSD),
9624 FLAC (high resolution lossless compression PCM audio with metadata readable on most devices)
44.1 WAV (the smallest size file we offer and plays in iTunes. Since WAV is uncompressed you most likely won't have the metadata we include.)
Every few weeks we'll change the song so that you can collect several for your personal enjoyment.
Here are the steps...
1) Sign up for an account at bluecoastmusic.com using your email address
2) Go to the https://bluecoastmusic.com/free-downloads page and 'Add to cart'
3) Complete the checkout process (you won't be charged anything, but you will get a link in your account)
4) While you're logged in, go to your "Downloads" tab and you'll find the link to download
5) Download the folder to a location you can find on your computer. It will be a ZIP file
6) Unzip the file and the files should be inside. Extract the files
7) Use your software player to play and figure out what plays and what doesn't play in your system.
Many music lovers have several devices they use for playback. DSD files are huge and will take a long time to download. They may not be the optimum choice for small, portable playback devices like smart phones. Note: if you use an iPhone you will need some kind of interface to playback DSD. We're happy to announce that many Samsung and other Android phones will play DSD. This test will allow you to find out if your phone plays DSD.
We're available (usually within 24 hours) to provide help with customer service rep. Write to us at
firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues or comments you'd like to share.